#web #server #monitoring
Web Server Performance Monitoring and Diagnosis
Web Server Monitoring
These days, a majority of applications are web-based. Web servers play a pivotal role in such environments as they handle all user requests. Any slowdown in the web server tier will adversely affect the user experience.
eG Enterprise provides real-time monitoring, diagnosis and reporting for heterogeneous web server farms. Using a combination of active and passive monitoring, eG Enterprise tracks the availability and performance of the web applications and pin-points where performance bottlenecks lie: in the web server, middleware, database, virtualization platform, storage, etc.
IT infrastructures have multiple, heterogeneous and multi-tiered web applications. While multi-tier applications are scalable, they have inter-dependencies between different tiers that make problem diagnosis more difficult. E.g. a problem in the middleware or database tiers causes a slowdown of the entire application and users complain that the web application is slow . Multiple web applications hosted on the same web server further accentuate the problem. Excessive load on one application can affect another.
IT managers need a web server monitor that provides visibility into every aspect of performance in order to monitor, diagnose and fix performance issues proactively.
eG Innovations provides the best value for the money coupling visibility and excellent reporting. Using their automatic root cause analysis we avoided throwing $$ at the problem and realized $20K in savings – immediately.
CEO, Office Port
- Instantly diagnose the root-cause of web application slowness
- Auto-baseline web usage and performance and detect abnormal trends
- Proactively detect and resolve problems and ensure user satisfaction and productivity
- Increase business efficiency by ensuring great application performance and uptime
- Using intelligent analytics, optimize and right-size the web server farm to deliver better performance
- Coupled with the unified monitoring capabilities of eG Enterprise, provides a single pane of glass view for IT administrators
Why eG? One Monitor to Manage All of IT.
- eG Enterprise is the only single pane-of-glass, virtualization-aware, auto-diagnostic performance monitor
- Only eG Enterprise automatically provides actionable answers to performance issues, wherever they originate
- Get visibility across every tier of the physical and virtual infrastructure
- Automate the identification of performance issues with patented correlation-intelligence technology
- Pinpoint where urgent problems originate and exactly what tiers and processes are being affected
- Ensure a great user experience and dramatically improve IT efficiency
With eG Innovations, we are reducing system maintenance and support costs, avoiding incremental IT spending and eliminating system downtime across the hospital. Performance and prediction reports help us optimize IT spending and save $100,000 per year.
Manager, ICT GHZ
eG Innovations delivers a robust, reliable and extremely valuable solution to deliver maximum uptime and user satisfaction. Pre-emptive alerting helps us to address performance issues immediately before they affect system and application availability.
Senior Manager, Allscripts
We can now quickly identify root causes of incidents, resolving them before users are impacted. Automatic prioritization and categorization of alerts helps us better focus on the important issues and prioritize our resources accordingly.
Senior Consultant, C5 Alliance
- Webinar How proactive, intelligent alerting enables you to prevent service outages
- Webinar The 7 myths of virtualized application performance: Why is my app so slow?
- Solution Brief The eG Enterprise Microsoft System Center Operations Manager Plugin
Learn all about it.
Get a Free Trial to see how eG Enterprise helps you drive top application performance for a great user experience. Or select Live Demo for a personalized product tour.
Start Free Trial Request Live Demo