Master of Business Administration (MBA) Program
The UAB MBA program is decision-oriented, focusing on key aspects of modern administration, and it seeks to prepare graduates for leadership roles in business, industry, government, or social services. In order to deal effectively with increasingly complex problems of organizations, managers require training in sophisticated analytical techniques, an appreciation for the behavioral facets of management, and an ability to anticipate and adapt to changes in the organizational environment.
Why UAB for an MBA?
At UAB, you learn from the experts – not only from nationally recognized faculty and course material that’s based on real-world examples, but also from industry leaders doing business day to day in the largest business community in Alabama.
All of our MBA classes are offered in both the traditional classroom setting that includes evening classes that meet once a week and in an online format. Students can also pursue the UAB MBA through our 100% Online Program that provides a guaranteed path of progression with a tuition premium. All of these offerings provide UAB MBA students the ability to meet personal and professional obligations while advancing their education and career.
The UAB Collat School of Business is accredited at the baccalaureate and master’s level by AACSB International. representing the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide.
UAB is the only AACSB accredited public university in the Birmingham area that offers an MBA program. Reasonable tuition rates coupled with the highest standard of achievement makes UAB’s MBA program a great value!
UAB MBA students vary in age, academic background and come from all over the world. This diversity provides a dynamic classroom experience that mirrors the workplace. As a result, students are able to approach and solve business problems from varying perspectives.
Students engage in a 36 hour curriculum that promotes a cohort experience over the course of study. Students can pursue the degree through a 1 Year or 2 year MBA Program Plan of Study.
- Concentrations – Students may choose to customize their degree through a concentration in finance, management information systems, health services or marketing. Completion of a concentration requires students to take an additional class resulting in a 39 hour degree program .
- Dual Degrees – Dual degrees are offered in conjunction with other schools on campus and include ASEM/MBA. DMD/MBA. MD/MBA. MPH/MBA. MSHA/MBA. OD/MBA
Nationally Recognized MBA
- U.S. News Ranks Collat in Top 15% among Part-time MBA Programs
- U.S. News Ranks Collat’s online graduate programs among the nation;s best in the 2017 edition of “Best Online Programs”
- The Princeton Review reports Collat as one of the nation’s best in its 2017 edition of “Best Business Schools”
- Why AACSB Accreditation is Important for Business Education
Collat Tops Hundreds of Universities in International Investments Competition
A team from UAB’s Collat School of Business has taken home second place in a futures trading competition up against more than 500 teams from 226 universities representing 37 countries, besting teams from schools worldwide, including Columbia University, Cornell University, Duke University, Georgetown University and the London School of Economics. Read more.